Becoming a mother is a time of anticipation and excitement. Unfortunately many women experience bladder and pelvic floor issues, pain and discomfort during pregnancy and motherhood.
INSPIRE Physiotherapy for Women can provide treatment for:
- back, pelvic, sciatic, hip, groin and coccyx pain
- neck, shoulder and rib pain
- wrist/hand pain and numbness (carpel tunnel)
- bladder leakage (urinary incontinence) and urgency
- pain with sex
- poor abdominal muscle tone and abdominal muscle separation (DRAM)
During motherhood, many breastfeeding women experience blocked ducts and Mastitis. Physiotherapy treatment (therapeutic ultrasound) and advice is very effective in quickly settling the symptoms of pain and reduced milk flow. If treated early, often the use of antibiotics can often be avoided.